1. Increase the participant’s knowledge to better perform and/or interpret point of care abdominal ultrasound examinations
2. State the basic fundamentals of ultrasound physics and demonstrate appropriate optimization for better images
3. Demonstrate image orientation, transducer placement, and scan protocols
4. Demonstrate scan protocols for right upper quadrant of abdomen, inferior vena cava, renal, aorta, FAST exam, intestines, appendix and obstetric and gynecologic exams.
5. Increase the participant’s knowledge to better perform and/or interpret Emergency and Critical Care ultrasound for abdominal pathologies.
6 Increase competence to incorporate protocols, scan techniques & interpretation criteria to improve diagnostic/treatment accuracy
1. Extended Focused Assment of Sonography for Trauma (EFAST)
2. Fluid Responsiveness in the Critically ill patients (inferior vena cava and subcostal (heart assesment)
3. Renal Scanning Protocols
4. Right upper quadrant scanning protocols
5. Ultrasound for appendicitis
6 Ultrasound in intestinal obstruction
7. Scanning protocols in obsetric and gynecologic emergencies